Pages

January 18, 2014

Good things are coming.




Good things are coming. I can feel it. There have been a few "out of place" happenings going on lately, but it's not bringing me down or stressing me out and that's how I know that good things are on its way to me and my family.

There's so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

The bad:
*I lost one of my school grants this semester (because it ran out) so I owed money. That means I'm out of pocket for my textbooks, too. Luckily, we were able to come up with the money. We will just be tight for a couple of months. Nothing I'm not used to. ;)
*I have strep throat. I got super sick last Friday, but it went away by Monday so I didn't take myself to the doctor. Plus, I just hate waiting at the doctor's office with kids. PLUS, school started this week so I didn't have time. I finally went yesterday and I was actually shocked I had strep! I was thinking just a major cold + cough. Nope. So bring on the meds! At least I'm not too sick to function. Lord knows what would happen if that happened ha! #momprobs
*This semester, one of my classes got dropped which ruined my entirely planned out schedule. So instead of only having classes one day per week + online classes, I know have to drive 30 minutes to get to my classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, AND Thursdays. For some, that doesn't seem like a big deal. But you have to take into consideration that I have to put Tucker in daycare AND find time to do 90 hours of observations for this semester. Blahhhhh.

                                                                            
Psalm 94:19
 The Good:
*Doug and I are making some healthy goals for our life. More to come about this later.
*I'm reading a devotional every day and love it. One of my goals is to become closer to God and more involved in church.
*I'm working on some blog goals, too!

And yes, this post is quite random....

Also...I don't know if I've ever posted on a Saturday before!


Tennessee Honey

5 comments:

Kara Renee said...

Oh man, I've only had strep once in my life and I'll never forget that horrible stabbing pain. I'd never wish it on my worse enemy! Praying for a quick recovery!

Kelsey said...

sounds like you're like me, busy!! keep your focus on the right things :)

Unknown said...

What devotional are you reading? I have been wanting to find one to read myself, but I can't find one that I really seem to relate to...

Hope you feel better!

Priya said...

Lauren, your positive outlook is gonna take you so far! Sorry to hear about the yucky school changes. One of my goals for the year is to get more involved in church too. I think it's a wonderful community that can be a huge support. Hope you are having a great start to the week!

perfectly Priya

Unknown said...

I'm with you on becoming closer to
God, and start going
To church. It Is so intimidating, and quite scary! I look forward to reading your blog goals:)