Pages

August 1, 2013

Memphis // Nashville {HELP!}

Seeing how I already had a two month old when I got married, we didn't really get the opportunity or money to go on a honeymoon like so many lucky newlyweds get to experience. But since mine and Doug's FIVE year anniversary is coming up (September 27th), we decided it was about time to plan a weekend getaway for just the two of us.



We don't want to travel more than three hours, so our options that are sticking out the most are Nashville & Memphis. We've visited both places before, but the only thing we did was go out and drink Downtown and on Beale Street. There will be no drunken escapades this time, people. So my question is, what is there to do in Nashville and Memphis?

I definitely want to eat somewhere awesome. Like a Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives place. But I'm at a total loss as to what else we would do!

I don't want to go to the zoo without the kids, so that's out of the question. I don't think Doug's all that into museums. I want to do something memorable!

All my Memphis & Nashville girls, I need your help!

Tennessee Honey

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

oh my goodness!!! I could give you so many suggestions!!!!! ill send you an email later :)

Jacquie said...

I took my dad to BBKings for father's day dinner and the atmosphere and food were to die for! Also on our first :date" after i moved to Memphis my bf took me to the orpheum for a show that is always fun!

Rachel Easley said...

Come to Nashville!! There's lots to do and yummy places to eat!! I'll email you!

Paige Nicole said...

My advice? (especially if you have some money to spend) Book a weekend at the Opryland resort in Nashville. Cody scheduled a trip there while I was stressed for school and it was AMAZING! We stayed at the resort the entire time and really spent a ton of quality time together. The restaurants IN the resort are expensive so if we go back, we'll probably eat outside the resort at least part of the time but they also have a shuttle to the mall which has a ton of shopping and restaurants and stuff so it's fun :)

Unknown said...

I'd go to nashvegas, personally but if you came to Memphis I'd eat at either rendezvous, corkys, spaghetti warehouse or pearls oyster house. Pearls is the freaking bomb and they have stuff other than seafood. Double js BBQ is good too if you don't want anything super fancified. Entertainment...You could go to a show at the Orpheum, or see if anyone good is playing mingle wood hall. Midtown has some good restaurants too.

Kelly said...

This sounds like such a great idea - I can not wait to see what you choose to do!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes