I can't believe it's Christmas time. I think I say that every year, but seriously. Where does the time go? And where is my White Christmas?! I guess Tennessee always bypasses that memo because last week it was in the 70s. Bipolar weather.
usually my favorite time of year. Although I do get stressed out and procrastinate entirely too much, I love it. I love the music, the movies, the family time, and the looks on my children's faces when Santa comes!
Here are a few of our family Christmas traditions!
1. Visit Santa at the Mall! Even though the cost for those pictures are ridiculous, you just can't beat Mall Santa. I love listening to the kids tell him what they want for Christmas!
2. Pick out a new ornament! I love this tradition. I love seeing what everyone picks out. This year, I couldn't find ANY that I just loved. Even Hobby Lobby let me down! We did find some at Wal-Mart though. Doug and Tucker picked trains, Kenzie picked a glitter snowman, and I picked a doughnut.
3. Family time! I have a huge family and I love it. And since we have divorced families, we have a lot of split up gatherings. We have my Poppa's, my Mom's, my Gran's, my Nana's, and Doug's side of the family. Needless to say, there's a ton of traveling and a ton of good eating!
4. Christmas movies! Of course we watch almost every Christmas movie that comes on tv each year. And we all have our favorites. Mine is Muppet Christmas Carol (or any Christmas Carol, really); Doug's is The Christmas Story; The kids love The Grinch and pretty much anything that involves Santa.
5. Santa's Cookies! On Christmas Eve, Doug and I help the kids bake and decorate cookies for Santa! This year, we picked Gingerbread. I just know Santa will love those. *wink wink*
6. New pajamas! On Christmas morning, we have brunch with Doug's family and we all wear our pajamas! It's so much fun. But this year I waited last minute (shocker, I know), and I couldn't find Holiday pajamas for the kids anywhere. So I just let them pick out "normal" pajamas. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
7. Elf on the Shelf! This is our second year with our elf. And I'm crazy because for some reason, I thought our Elf's name was Buddy.
But we've been going along with "Buddy" and the kids haven't caught on yet. Well, Kenzie found the name "Happy" in the back of our Elf book but I closed it pretty quickly in hopes she wouldn't ask questions. ha!!