Pages

January 31, 2012

Giving Up Crack.

You know what the hardest thing about being Southern and dieting is?

Giving up sweet tea.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I know..I'm breaking the rule of Southern-ness. But if I ever want to be skinny, I have GOT to cut out all that sugar. 

It's ridiculously hard, I'm not gonna lie. In my household, we would go through a gallon of tea every other day. That's a lot of tea. And might I add, I used 2 cups of sugar per gallon.



Yeah. It was that serious.



But...I have decided to let sweet tea be one of my "weekend rewards". I am only allowing myself to drink it on Saturdays and Sundays. So, if we go out to eat, I can enjoy a nice big glass of my crack sweet goodness.


Oh, and I vow to never, ever, ever, eat McDonald's again. 
*barf* 
I told Doug I didn't want the kids to eat any more "Happy" Meals anymore either, but he said we should "let them be kids". In other words, we should let them eat plastic food that is somehow passed by the FDA as real food. 
*double barf*



1 comment:

Janie said...

The kids only get fast food on a rare occasion that conveniences us - like on a road trip. That crap is disgusting!