Pages

July 25, 2011

Songs of my past..

You know how you listen to a song, and it can take you back to a moment and you can remember everything about that moment - what you were wearing, where you were, what you were feeling, who you were with. Music means a lot to me. And it brings back memories. Some good, some I don't want to remember. Some I wish I could go back in time to. And some that just speaks of my life in general.

Name by Goo Goo Dolls - "She grew up way too fast and there's nothing to believe. Re-runs all become our history."

Fast Car by Tracy Chapman - This used to play all the time when I was working at O'Charley's. I had so many memories there. It was like my home and family. I grew up there, pretty much.

Same Mistake by James Blunt - I first heard this from the movie "P.S I Love You". It has some meaningful lyrics. "I'm not calling for a second chance, I'm screaming at the top of my voice."

If Your Gonna Leave by Emerson Hart - I love this song. It speaks to a lot of my relationships in my past. "So If you're gonna Leave,Ya you better get going. Cause I ain't wasting no more time; What ya did and what ya didn't."

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls - I played this song over and over when something happened in my past. I'm not sure why. "And all I can taste is this moment, and all I can breathe is your life. And sooner or later it's over. I just don't wanna miss you tonight."

Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses - This reminds me of my best friend Brittney who past away in March of 2008 at the age of 20. I loved her. She was my best friend who always stood up for me. She was strong willed and didn't take crap from anyone. She loved this song, too. She had an amazing voice. I miss her so much. I think about her a lot.

Lips of an Angel by Hinder - This was my Junior year of high school. My favorite year ever. The one filled with the most memories. The best memories. If I could pick any year of my life to go back to, it would be this one.

Lightning Crashes by Live - I'm a 90's fan nerd. This song is very meaningful.

You Make Me Completely Miserable by Lit - relationships lol.

Tattoo by Jordin Sparks - I listened to this all the time when I was pregnant with Kenz:)


I know there are a lot more, I just can't think right now. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

ooh this is a fun post because definitely some songs can take you back to a good place! I loved the goo goo dolls!