Pages

July 10, 2012

Books from my childhood

 


I've always loved to read, ever since I can remember. And this week, I've been working with my daughter to help her read. Yes, she will be 4 on Wednesday, but ya'll....the girl is genius. I'm not just saying that because she's mine. She is so smart and I am so proud of her! She sounds out her words so well. And she has memorized "The House That Jack Built". She loves reading as much as I did, and I pray she keeps on loving it:) And I hope Tucker loves to read, too! He will make one girl very happy one day if he does:)

I've already started a stash of books for her for when she's a little older (like middle school age or so). Most of them were mine, but I've been buying a few for cheap here and there.

Here are some books that I remember just LOVING when I was younger and I can't wait to share them with Kenzie. Most of them, I want to read again!

*The Cam Jansen Mysteries by David A. Adler*                                             
The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
These are just a few of the titles from Adler. But I'm pretty sure I read all of them.
"Click". ;)

*The Giver by Lois Lowry*

 The Giver (The Giver, #1)
 I think I read this book in 5th or 6th grade. I want to read it again because I've forgotten a lot of the story line, but I do remember it made me think, "Wow....". It is a great book and if you have never read it, I highly recommend it. Right now. 

*Nancy Drew Series by Carolyn Keene* 
 The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2)

 Dude. These books were just awesome and if you never read them, you are missing out! Go solve some mysteries! :)

*The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S Lewis*
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
I remember picking up this book in middle school from the school library. I don't remember why I picked this one to read, but I sure was glad I did. I love fantasy books. I love how they take you into another world. And I almost cried when I found out they made it into a movie....when I was 17 haha!

*Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine*
Ella Enchanted 
This book. I loved this book! My aunt gave it to me when I was about 12 or 13. I still have it and can't wait to let Kenzie read it!

*The American Girls Series*
Samantha: An American Girl (The American Girls Collection/Boxed Set)Felicity: An American Girl (The American Girls Collection)
Molly: An American Girl : 1944 (The American Girls Collection) 
Samantha was my favorite:) American Girl dolls were all the rage when I was young. And the books were pretty cool, too! 

*The BFG by Ronald Dahl*

*Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume*
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret 
Oh, this book....My mom gave it to me when I was 11. She told me I could ask her anything about it after I was done reading it. And I was SO embarrassed haha! Boobs, periods, and boys. Why in the WORLD would I want to talk to my mother about that?! ;) I was so shy lol. But I'm sure I will give this book to Kenzie, and she will feel the same way. Or maybe, she will be more comfortable with talking to me about things. I hope for the latter.

 Any of these look familiar to you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see no Goosebumps!!! I had most of that series lol. Love! Nacy Drew is awesome too!