Pages

November 6, 2012

I'm late....




for my Influenster post, duh!

What did you think I meant I was late for?
Silly.

So I received an email saying I was chosen to be a part of the Beauty Blogger VoxBox for 2012. *insert happy dance*

I love trying new beauty items.
And you can't beat FREE testing, I'm I right?



I was very impressed with my box, give or take a few things.

1) Vitabath Fragrance Mist. 

I received Green Tea and Sage fragrance from the Spa Day line. Let me just say first off, I'm not a fan of smelling like Green Tea. Drinking it, yes. But not smelling like it. From what I've read from other Influensters, Vitabath DOES have some amazing smelling mists. I guess I just didn't receive those...
I recommend Vitabath, just not Green Tea and Sage fragrance. :)

2) Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins. I actually just tried these babies today before class. And let me tell you this...if I can do this, anyone can. I'm hair helpless. But these little things are SUPER easy to use! And makes a super cute casual bun or it could be used for something a little more fancy-shmancy.
But I didn't take a picture! (Bad blogger)
I highly recommend Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins.

3) Kiss Ever PRO Lash Starter Kit.  I tried to put these on last weekend but I failed. I couldn't get the lashes to line up right with my own. But I'm just horrible with fake lashes. I'm going to try them again soon. I do like that they are not just for one time wear. And it comes with an applicator to help hold the lashes.

4) Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream. 

 I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It's amazing. I have naturally curly/wavy hair, but I have to use products in order to make my curls more defined. NYM Cream is great for many reasons. It smells delicious. And it's light weight. It doesn't weigh my hair down with heavy product or make it all crunchy (yuck) like gel does. It also gets rid of the frizz! I didn't even blow dry my hair and it was so curly.
Please excuse the no makeup pictures!!
I highly recommend Not Your Mother's products. It's only $6, too! 

5) EBOOST Natural Energy. I received the Orange flavor. I hate orange flavors. Therefore, I have yet to try this out. Here's what EBOOST is:
EBOOST is a boost that does more. It’s a mood boost, focus boost, immunity boost, natural boost, a no-crash boost.
EBOOST uses real ingredients, stuff you’ve heard of like Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Green Tea, Vitamin B-12 and Folic Acid. And the stuff you might not have heard of: Quercetin, 5-HTP, Resveratrol, Huperzine-A — it’s all good too. What could be sweeter than that? Well, we even sweeten our product with Stevia, a plant, not a chemical.
I just don't like Orange. Blahhh.
I might wait to use this on Black Friday LOL!
Website //Facebook//Twitter

6) NYC (New York Color) IndividualEyes Custom Compact. This stuff is amazeballs. Seriously. It even comes with eye primer! AND it's only $5!! You can't beat that.
This product is made for different shades of eye color, to help your eyes "pop". Unfortunately, I was sent shades for "brown eyes" when I have blue eyes, but I still love the color palette. Browns and tans. It's what I use mostly anyways. The primer that it comes with is okay. I wouldn't say it's the best out there but for $5, you can't be picky. It does do it's job though. My eyeshadow lasted all day with the primer.
Website//Facebook//Twitter

7) Bath & Body Works Mini Candle.

My scent was Black Pepper Bergamot. And it smelled like man. The scent was very powerful. I lit it in our bedroom because I did not want my whole house to smell like that lol. I think this would be perfect in a man room/bachelor pad. It did burn for around 15 hours though! The mini candles are only $3.50, so it would be a good idea to try them out before buying the big mamas. The 3-Wick candles are $19.50. They have plenty of scents to choose from, and I'm SURE something like Pumpkin Cupcake would smell divine!
Influenster and B&BW also sent me a $10 off coupon for a 3-Wick candle! Whooo-hooo! 
Website//Facebook//Twitter

And that's all folks! 
I'm hoping to do more reviews in the future! 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Eep... I need to write my post on my products I receieved... I got the man smelling candle, too haha and literally did the same thing, put it in my bathroom because I didn't want my whole apartment to smell like that!!

elise said...

new[est] follower. loving this post and loving your blog! can't wait to keep following along!

stop by sometime!
kalobandelise.blogspot.com