Pages

January 23, 2013

Music makes the world go round.

Here are a few of my favorite songs that I'm listening to on repeat lately!


Doug likes to poke fun at me now that I like The Civil Wars because they are considered to be a "country" band.
I hate country.
The Civil Wars is NOT country.
They are more folk/bluegrass.
They don't sing about dying dogs or drinking themselves to death or killing their cheating spouse.
They make real music, from the soul.
Yes, the sooooooouuuuuuul.

And also, if you've never listened to The Lumineers, you should do that right now.
Ho Hey is mine and the kids' song.
Tucker sings it all the time and it is too freakin cute.
He'll yell "HEY! HO!" and then sing the chorus.
Gosh I have awesome kiddos:)










Tennessee Honey

2 comments:

Amanda Schroeder said...

Civil Wars? Country? I've never heard of that. Maybe they started out as country. But I LOVE them. I love each song you posted. So good right now.

amanda @ we and serendipity

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

You have great taste! I love Ho Hey. And I was surprised at how much I like the Civil Wars - definitely not country! I live in an area that likes bluegrass, but I didn't think I was a huge fan until I heard them.